28 Sept 2023
How companies reduce their licence costs with used standard software
As digitisation progresses, the software needs of a company inevitably increase. Needs-based licensing is already essential for smaller companies with a few employees. The larger the company, the more complex the challenges for software asset management, or SAM for short. This plays a decisive role, especially when it comes to large volumes of standard software for creating, displaying, editing and managing business documents, which are part of the basic equipment in many work areas.
In this blog article, we use the example of Adobe Acrobat volume licences to show how even small and medium-sized companies can noticeably relieve their IT budget with used software licences and pass any manufacturer audit.
Adobe Acrobat Volume Licence - more efficiency and sustainability with used software
Adobe Acrobat software is now used in almost every company in numerous organisational units as standard software for the use of PDF documents. Especially in the areas of marketing and sales, customer service, human resources, organisation, procurement, finance and accounting, legal or IT, the versatile use of the platform-independent Portable Document Format (PDF) is indispensable.
Depending on requirements, the standard or the extended professional version is licensed. Both versions offer extensive functions for creating, editing and managing a wide variety of documents. The big advantage is the creation of PDFs from other file formats, especially from the MS Office package, as well as the subsequent further processing in PDF format. In contrast to the standard version, with Acrobat Professional, or Acrobat Pro for short, employees can edit PDF files more extensively, add comments, create and fill out forms, add digital signatures or even export content. Depending on the needs of the workplace, a decision should be made as to whether the higher licence costs for the Pro version are worthwhile or whether the standard version is sufficient.
Although Adobe also offers the cloud service as a rental model, many companies consciously opt for the on-premise solution and increasingly resort to cheaper used software licences. These cover the necessary requirements in many areas and reduce the running licence costs by up to 70 percent depending on the version. Thus, even for a smaller medium-sized company with 100 or more employees, licence cost savings in the four-digit range can be achieved, depending on the licence version and application period.
In addition, by using used software, companies make a sustainable contribution to an active circular economy by extending the usage cycles and saving resources. Sustainable and climate-friendly management will become increasingly important in the coming years, especially in a growth sector such as IT, which is driven by numerous innovations.
Would you also like to optimise your licence structure and benefit from used Adobe Acrobat volume licences as well as from used standard software from other well-known manufacturers, such as Microsoft? The PREO licence experts will be happy to advise you personally on the basis of your company's current licence structure and provide you with a non-binding offer including a calculation of the possible savings potential.
Adobe Acrobat - buy used volume licences in a legally secure way at PREO
Whether Adobe, Microsoft, Oracle or Citrix - all used software licences offered originate 100 percent from transparent sources and come exclusively from the EU. Our partners are companies that no longer need their licences for a variety of reasons, for example after migration projects, restructuring measures, implementation of cloud products or even insolvencies. However varied the reasons may be, our licence experts and our legal department specialising in licensing law always check all documents of the initial purchase as well as the written confirmation of deletion of the software on the computers of the previous owners. It is not for nothing that security and compliance in licence transfers are a top priority at PREO:
- We exclusively offer used software in the form of volume licences that were previously owned by another company and can be transferred to your company through us in a favourable and legally secure manner.
- You will not only receive general assurances from us regarding the legality of the transaction, but also all the necessary documents that document the change of ownership in an audit-proof and transparent manner.
- We also support your software project with advice on optimising your licence inventory and implementation planning in your company.
PREO tip: Sell licences that are no longer needed, either in full or in part
Companies should not simply write off unused or no longer needed Adobe Acrobat volume licences. It makes more economic sense to sell them to a reputable and experienced provider of used software with extensive legal expertise in the licensing business. Our checklist, which can be downloaded free of charge, will help you select a suitable provider. The income generated by the sale expands the existing IT budget and creates new scope for necessary investments. Another plus: the second or multiple use of software products is an important contribution to an active circular economy and more sustainability in IT.
Extensive range of used volume licences from Microsoft
PREO offers companies, organisations and public administrations a large selection of used volume licences of current and older programme versions of standard software from market-leading manufacturers at any time. In addition to the various Adobe products, used licences from Microsoft for operating systems, application software or servers are particularly in demand.
Whatever the need for used software, with PREO small and medium-sized as well as large companies have all the advantages on their side:
- High savings in ongoing licence costs of up to 70 percent compared to the respective new version.
- 100 percent legally and audit-proof licence acquisition with maximum transparency in all processing steps including complete documentation in the PREO licence portal "Easy Compliance".
- Many years of expertise in the integration of used software licences in classic network structures or hybrid licence models.
- Detailed market knowledge and extensive experience through the audit-proof transfer of over one million used software licences.
- Existing capacities for software licence management in large IT infrastructure projects with thousands of workstations and transnational locations.
- Active contribution to the reduction of the CO2 footprint in the IT sector by entering into a resource-saving circular economy including the extension of software and hardware cycles.
- Convincing reference projects for numerous well-known companies from a wide range of industries.